Wednesday, September 26, 2012

Setting my SMART Goals

One of our final assignments is to set some goals that incorporate the knowledge we've gained from our class.  I am writing my goal in SMART format, to help ensure that I can achieve the goal(s) I set for myself.

I've decided to focus my goals on using a couple several of technology tools we investigated and used during our class.  I believe that these tools will keep me connected to best practices and what is going on in the world of education, as well as provide me with new ideas that I can use in my classroom.  Additionally, these tools will help me form and express my opinions.


My SMART goals for 12/13 School Year:
S
Specific
I will continue to use Twitter and Google Reader to stay current on topics in education and technology.
I will keep my WIKI and Blog current.
M
Measureable
Garner 2-4 apps, links, or articles to re-tweet.  
Minimum of 2 postings per month.  Incorporate items/knowledge culled from Twitter and my Reader.
A
Attainable
Set aside ½ hours one afternoon per week to read/explore Twitter/Reader.
Set aside ½ hours one morning per week to post to my WIKI and Blog.
R
Realistic
This is do-able, as long as I set aside the time.
This is do-able, as long as I set aside the time.
T
Timely
This is a weekly goal for the entire 12/13 school year.

Assess at end of December.
This is a weekly goal for the entire 12/13 school year.

Assess at end of December.

No comments:

Post a Comment