Sunday, March 3, 2013

Did something right

I am enjoying a lazy afternoon, curled up on my recliner, reading an ebook from NetGalley, surrounded by my family. My hubby is out in the sunroom, which is warm and sunny on this cold winter day, doing the taxes.  My teenager son is lounging on the couch (actually he is stomach planted over the arm of the couch) with his book on the floor, reading some fantasy series. My daughter is on the matching recliner pouring over a nonfiction book for a book project she will be working on over the next couple of weeks.  With the Oldies playing in the background, surrounded by my readers, there is no place I'd rather be right now!

Read to your children. Take them to the library and the bookstore. Make books accessible to them. Talk about what you read. Ask them what kinds of stories they like. Have your children read to you. Listen to audiobooks in the car.  Experience the world (good and bad) through books.  Expand your children's horizons. Help make them lifelong readers and learners!


No comments:

Post a Comment