Friday, April 26, 2013

LittleBirdTales great for younger students (and older kids)

LittleBirdTales is an easy to use storytelling tool.  I love that students can draw their own illustrations (note:  requires you to scan the pictures and save them as jpg), upload photos or images from the internet to create a story.  Then, they can add text, and record their voice!

I am using this tool with a group of grade 1-3 students for our after-school club.  I am going to enlist the help of a group of middle school students to assist the younger students in recording their stories.  I think the cross-grade collaboration will work out well and benefit everyone involved.  Also, one of the best things about this free tool, is that, as a teacher, I can create a classroom and setup my students.  So, students do not have to register or have their own email address. I can't wait to see/hear/experience the stories.

Check it out!

URL:  www.littlebirdtales.com

No comments:

Post a Comment