Monday, March 17, 2014

Happy St. Patrick Day!

If only it were green outside, instead of brown and dirty white. 

I'm trying to kick this cold of mine and really trying to think Spring!  What better way to liven things up and get the giggles flowing than to read a book written and illustrated by David Shannon!?!?

Mr. Shannon is one of my personal favorites and a go to author when I need a sure thing with the kids.  We have a short two week window before the book fair takes center stage, so I am filling it with "No, David!" and "Duck on a Bike."  There is nothing better to lift your I-am-so-tired-of-this-cold-will-winter-ever-end attitude than kindergartners' laughing at the sight of young David streaking down the street!  If that doesn't make you crack a smile, I don't know what will.  The K5 students are also creating their own "Yes!" book, by illustrating the things they do in the library that would result in me exclaiming, "Yes, Sophia!"

No comments:

Post a Comment