Saturday, March 1, 2014

March Madness

Going crazy with the cold weather?  Had enough of indoor recess?  Ready to curl up into a ball and call "uncle?"

I AM!

I was feeling comfortable in my new library. I felt like I was hitting a groove. I was learning my students, beginning to collaborate with the teaching staff and finding my way around the school's processes and procedures.

BUT.....

March madness has set in, with the ongoing bitter cold, the continued snow and the winter days.  How many days until Spring?  I think we have all been affected by the gruel of winter and it's unending chill!

So, I am refocusing.  I am reflecting on how to improve my own mood, so that I can lift the little ones' moods as well.  A little too much togetherness with indoor recess and subzero weather keeping us indoors at home = cranky adults + unruly/rambunctious kids.

Paste on a smile! Say the mantra "I will find a reason to laugh today" and be a positive Pauline to get everyone else on the happy side!


No comments:

Post a Comment